The 2014 Annual League Meeting and Elections will be held on Tuesday, September 16th, at the Papillion American Legion (one block west of 84th Street on Lincoln).
The agenda for the evening (times estimated):
6:30 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. – Social Time; Cash Bar; Food
7:15 p.m. to 7:20 p.m. – Commissioner’s Opening Comments
7:20 p.m. to 8:15 p.m. – League Elections; Nominations from Floor; Candidate Opening Statements; Q & A from the Audience; Voting
8:15 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. – Break
8:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. – League meeting; Commissioner’s Agenda; Player Open Forum
9:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. – Social Time; Departure
1. The objective is to elect three (3) players to a Director position for Nebraska Senior Softball. The term is three (3) years.
2. Each attendee MUST sign in at the meeting and will be given one (1) ballot. You must have played during the 2014 Spring/Summer or 2014 Fall season to vote.
3. Nominations for a Director level position will be accepted from the floor. These nominations will require a ‘second’ since it is a motion for consideration. If a ‘second’ is provided, the individual will be asked if they wish to accept the nomination. If the person agrees, their name will be added to the ballot.
4. Everyone casting a vote will be asked to pick up to 3 candidates from the ballot. If a ballot has four (4) or more votes cast, it will be discarded. If a ballot has more than one (1) vote for a single candidate, only one (1) vote will be counted for that person.
5. When the ballots are collected, the election official and one witness will place the ballots in an envelope and secure it with a seal and signatures to ensure no tampering.
6. Absentee balloting will open at 10:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 16th and close at 10:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 23rd. A message will be sent to the league populace prior to the start date/time with specifics for online voting. All absentee ballots will require the voter’s name in order to ensure no duplicate votes are received. Only the collector and auditor will see these names.
7. On Wednesday, September 24th, the election official/collector along with one witness will tabulate the absentee votes along with the ballots from the league meeting. Results will be announced shortly thereafter.
You are encouraged to attend the meeting, hear comments from the candidates, and take the opportunity to ask questions.
Three players have stepped up to announce their candidacy for the Nebraska Senior Softball Board of Directors. Attached to this email is the candidacy form for all three: Rick DuVall, Jim Price, and Bill Riggle.
Open positions include:
Director, Field Operations
Director, Finance and Registration
Director, Field Scheduling