The annual league meeting will be on Tuesday, September 10th from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. at the Papillion American Legion Post 32. This event is only for players from the 2013 Spring/Summer and/or Fall seasons.
The address of the legion is: 230 West Lincoln Street in Papillion (approximately one block west of the intersection of 84th Street and Lincoln in old town Papillion). There is a city park right next to the building.
NSS will provide free food and non-alcoholic beverages. There will be a cash bar available.
Players, this meeting is important. You are selecting the leadership of the league for the next 3 years. Currently, we have intentions announced for two of the three positions. Your presence allows you to have a vote and input into the management of our organization. We understand that other events, obligations, or plans may preclude you from attending and is understandable; however, not attending this meeting, signifies that you are accepting the decisions of your fellow players in the leadership selection process.
Here are the specific details of what will happen during the league meeting.
6:00 – 7:00 p.m. Social hour. Food will be provided free of charge. A bartender will be available. A cup of keg beer will cost $2.00
7:00 – 9:00 p.m. Elections facilitated by Steve Quinn and Dennis Steinhauser
To elect officers to the NSS Board of Directors. In 2013, we will be voting for the following 3 positions:
2) Director, Purchasing and Inventory
3) Director, Marketing, Publicity, and Communications
1) Commissioner: Dave Dye (Brewers) and Ron Kunert (Yankees)
2) Director, Purchasing and Inventory: Ron Franck (Cardinals)
3) Director, Marketing, Publicity, and Communications: No nominations or intents received as of 9/5/13
Intentions / Nominations
Candidates who have declared their intent to run are posted on the NSS website. Click on the ‘NSS Board Elections’ link on the left side of the site under ‘Special Events’. If you select the candidates picture, their resume will appear in a separate window on your computer.
1) You may declare your intention to run for a board position by completing a short online application. This may be found on the NSS website by selecting the link on the left side of the page entitled ’2013 NSS Board Application’.
2) Nominations will be accepted, from the floor, during the annual meeting. In this instance, the nomination must come as a motion from someone other than the candidate and requires a ‘second’ to the motion. The candidate will then be given the opportunity to accept or decline the nomination.
3) When the nominations are officially closed, league members will have the opportunity to ask questions of the candidate(s). Be respectful and professional when asking the question and receiving the reply. This is not a forum for debating the issue. It is intended to gain perspective of the candidate’s vision for the future of NSS.